So you know all of that fresh hand made and hand rolled pasta that I have been obsessing over? And the new classes that I promised? Well, here they are! I am scheduling 3 (small) classes only, and they are longer than normal too, running for a full day so that we can cover a lot of pasta ground. They are in Lambeth in central London this time, in a lovely kitchen that has a great prep area and dining area. As with all my classes, this is very sociable, and the price includes wine and a proper pasta feast.
Handmade pasta is such a joy, and once you get the hang of it, very easy and speedy. It tastes much better than most you have had too. I am very excited to share everything I have learned and to feast with you.
The class incorporates lots of my Italian travels, and some classic pasta dishes that you know (Tagliatelle with Ragu from Emilia Romagna) and some you might not (Malloreddus with Sausage Ragu from Sardinia). We will make 8 pasta shapes in total & 8 dishes incorporating them all. You will learn how to make all of the sauces too. We will finish with a pasta feast, and you can take the rest home, of course.
- Tagliatelle (Bologna – served as is traditional with ragu)
- Tortelli (Parma – Tortelli d’Erbetta, a fresh egg pasta dough stuffed with ricotta & greens in a butter sauce)
- Garganelli – (Emilia Romagna – served in a prosciutto & pea sauce)
- Passatelli (Emilia Romagna – a pasta made of egg, breadcrumbs, nutmeg & parmesan, served in chicken broth)
- Malloreddus (Sardinia – served with a sausage ragu)
- Orecchiette (Puglia – served with broccoli and anchovies)
- Busiate (Sicily – served with Trapanese Pesto)
- Spaghetti alla Chitarra (Roman style in a classic carbonara with guanciale)
Sounds good, eh?
Places are limited to just 12 per class. Book now on PayPal (links below), or contact me by email (niamh at eatlikeagirl dot com), to arrange a direct payment. Classes run from 10.30am to 4.30pm and include hands on tuition, lunch & wine.
Note: this is obviously not a vegetarian class, but if vegetarians are interested, I can look at adapting it. Just email me.
Please see Terms & Conditions at the end of the page before booking.
Full Day Handmade Pasta Class on Saturday 18th October 10.30am – 4.30pm – book this class now on PayPal
Full Day Handmade Pasta Class on Saturday 8th November 10.30am – 4.30pm – book this class now on PayPal
Full Day Handmade Pasta Class on Saturday 29th November 10.30am – 4.30pm – book this class now on PayPal
Reviews of previous classes:
Comfort & Spice Class Review from AT Culture / Diary of a Food Perve
Terms & Conditions
Ticket dates are not transferable – once you book / commit to a particular date, you are tied to that date. These classes are very expensive to run, deliberately small and are only profitable with a full attendance. I have had terrible problems with people changing dates multiple times and then cancelling and demanding refunds. If you can no longer make the date I can try and help you find someone to buy it from you, or if there is a waiting list, sell it to someone on that list.
If the classes don’t sell enough to meet my costs, I reserve the right to cancel the class, with a full refund, at a weeks notice. I am confident that this won’t happen with these classes, but it is best that I say so, just in case.
Thank you and sorry to be painful about this, but I have learned the hard way.
Latest posts by Niamh (see all)
- A Day in Ciutadella, Menorca: Where & What to Eat (& the Best Caldereta) - May 1, 2016
- Gourmio: the Authentic Italian Recipe and Ingredient Delivery Service - April 29, 2016
- Baked Avocado with Quail Egg & Sobrassada - April 28, 2016