You can knock this one up super speedily, shop bought pastry, a quick frangipane whipped together with almonds, brown sugar, eggs, butter and punch fabulous cardamom. A perfect bright tart for any day, particularly for summer. It transports super easily too.
Follow Flavorly on Facebook to see more recipe videos. I have another couple coming up soon!
Enjoy! Press play below and then get into your kitchen.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: serve 6 - 8
Blueberry and Cardamom Frangipane Tart
- 100g ground almound (almond flour)
- 100g butter (or coconut oil if you can't have dairy)
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 8 cardamom pods, split with seeds removed and ground to a powder in a pestle & mortar
- 200g fresh blueberries and extra to serve (if you like)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry approx 30cm x 20cm and a tray that will accommodate it (shop bought is fine)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp icing sugar (confectioners sugar), to serve