I started this post in JULY but life has been so hectic, and it is only now starting to slow down. There has been travel to Ireland, work travel to Austria and then a non-stop return to London. But lots of recipes in the wings and THAT bacon book. Soon soon soon! For now lets talk about squid stuffed with beef and chorizo.
Land and Sea, Surf and Turf. However you spin this, it is delicious. And it is easy too. I originally made this at a vegan BBQ, and no, I wasn’t trolling them. I have a few vegan friends and I am embracing of all good food, however you label it. And you know how much I love tofu. However, I had permission to cook meat and fish as all except one ate fish, and half ate meat. So I had the meat and fish section.
I love to make one great thing and then do lots of things with it, the beef and chorizo filling for the squid is a perfect example for this. It is super flexible and adaptable. It makes a great kebab, an excellent burger, it can be a meatball. You could serve it in lettuce wraps to keep it light, put it on some fresh bread dough to make a spin on lahmucun, bake it fully encased in bread dough (and this works super well on the BBQ too), but it really comes into its own as a stuffing for some gorgeous squeaky fresh squid.
(And don’t worry, that beef and chorizo stuffed bread roll recipe and the meatball and squid recipe is coming your way soon too!).
Some other recipe inspiration from Eat Like a Girl for you!
- 400g minced beef
- 180g chorizo (cooking chorizo works well here but a good dried one will work too)
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- Paprika 2 tbsp
- sea salt for seasoning
- 4 average squid, cleaned and tentacles removed
- 2 large beef tomatoes or approx 600g tomatoes, peeled and diced (trust me - peeling is worth the effort!) - out of tomato season us a tin and a half of good quality tomatoes
- Dream Now, Travel Later: Plotting a Return to Nova Scotia - November 30, 2020
- Jalapeño Brined Fried Chicken and Homemade Chicken Fat Tortilla Tacos - October 22, 2020
- Chilli Roast Pumpkin, Halloumi, Cavolo Nero and Pomegranate - September 23, 2020